- Great for brunch or breakfast
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). butter or margarine
- 2 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) to 3 tbsp (45 ml) brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- In a blender or large bowl, mix eggs, milk, flour, granulated sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon until blended.
- If using a mixer, batter will remain slightly lumpy.
- Melt butter or margarine in a 12 inch fluted porcelain quiche dish or a 13 x 9 inch baking dish in oven.
- Add apple slices to baking dish.
- Return to oven until butter or margarine sizzles. Do not let brown.
- Remove dish from oven and immediately pour batter over apples.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake in middle of oven 20 minutes or until puffy and brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Lovely to look at and delicious to eat. Just the right amount of sweetness so no syrup is necessary.
From HP Books, Cookery for Entertaining.