- This is how the French make Sundaes!
- Valerie Sharp
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chocolate syrup
- 4 scoops or more vanilla ice cream
- 4 canned pear halves, drained
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) raspberry or strawberry jam
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). hot water
- In the bottom of 4 glasses put 2 tbsp (30 ml). chocolate syrup.
- Next put 1 or 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Place 1 pear half, cut side down on ice cream.
- Combine jam and hot water in a separate bowl.
- Spoon water and jam mixture on top of each pear.
- This looks the best if the dish is glass because it shows off the different color layers of the Pears Helen.