Serves/Makes:5 dozen or more|
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 oz (56 grm). baking chocolate, melted
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) baking soda
- Cream shortening and sugar well.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add melted chocolate (cooled so as not to cook egg mixture!).
- Gradually blend in dry ingredients which have been sifted together.
- Fill cookie press and form cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Recipe is from a Mirro Cookie-Pastry Press recipe pamphlet.
It says any solid shortening may be used. For flavor, use at least half butter or margarine. I use all butter.