- 4 cups (950 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking powder
- 7 oz (196 grm). sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins
- 16 oz (448 grm). buttermilk
- cooking spray (to coat pan)
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in large bowl and stir, then incorporate raisins.
- Add buttermilk slowly and mix ingredients making a dough.
- Once bread is properly kneaded, spray loaf pan with small amount of cooking spray and coat with flour.
- Pour dough into loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 65 to 70 minutes.
- Make small wholes in top of loaf to allow air to escape for a less condensed loaf.