- An Australian camp dish
- Woman's Day "Parties,Parties, Parties" (Australia)
- salt, to taste
- To cook damper successfully, the camp oven should be half buried in coals and more coals stacked up on the lid to brown the top of the bread.
- Mix flour and salt to a thick, scone-like dough with water.
- Knead a few times, then place in base of camp oven.
- Cover with lid and heap coals on top.
- Cook about 20 minutes.
- The legs of camp oven will keep it just above the coals so the base of bread will not burn.
- Twisters: Pull off balls of damper dough and roll between fingers into long strip.
- Wrap strip in overlapping circles around one end of a long thin green stick.
- Cook, turning, over hot coals for 10-15 minutes.
- Twister should lift free of stick quite easily.
- To eat fill with butter and jam.