- Good salad for pulled pork or a cookout
- Vicky Bryant
- 8 oz (224 grm). uncooked rotini
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can great Northern beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 11 oz (308 grm). can whole kernel corn
- 1 2 oz (56 grm). jar pimiento, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Zesty Italian dressing
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). dry mustard
- Mix all the beans, corn and pimiento in bowl with juice and let marinate all together.
- While beans are in bowl cook pasta until just al dente.
- While pasta is cooking and beans are soaking mix mayonnaise, dressing, pepper, and mustard.
- Rinse rotini under cold running water to cool and remove starch (this is one of those times you don't want the pasta to be starchy).
- Pour bean mixture into colander, rinse and drain.
- Mix everything well and refrigerate for 2 hours (this part cannot be skipped).
- This is a great dish to have at a BBQ. It is very important to allow this dish to sit for the full two hours as during this time the Zesty Italian dressing calms down quite a bit. You will notice a distinct difference if you taste before and after.
If children will be eating this you might want to consider omitting the red pepper as it does leave a slight "after burn", especially for little mouths.