Bacon, Water Chesnuts and Chutney
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). bacon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Dijon mustard +/-
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar +/-
- 2 to 3 cans whole water chestnuts
- chutney (i.e. Major Greys)
- Cut bacon strips in half and lay them on a cookie sheet.
- Spread each slice with mustard and sprinkle generously with brown sugar.
- Place a water chestnut on each slice, roll up, and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake 20 minutes in 350 degree (175 C.) oven.
- Broil briefly on each side to crisp bacon.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with a small bowl of chutney for dipping.
- A hit at many a cocktail party.