- crab and cream cheese stuffed wontons
Serves/Makes:about 60 rangoons
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). crab meat
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). A-1 steak sauce
- 1 dash of garlic powder
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). package wonton wrappers
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- oil for frying
- Chop the crab meat.
- Mix crab meat with the cream cheese, A-1 sauce and garlic powder.
- Place 1/2 tsp (2 ml). of the mixture in center of a wonton wrapper.
- Moisten the edges with egg yolk and join two opposite corners, making a triangle.
- Twist ends to seal.
- Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- 1/2 Heat inch of oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Fry the wontons until delicately browned, about 1 minute per side.
- I found this recipe and clipped it from either the Miami Herald or the Ft. Lauderdale Sun Sentinal about 3 years ago, but have never gotten around to cooking it. Hope you enjoy!