- Small cakes
- Robin Falconer
- 4 oz (112 grm). butter
- 4 oz (112 grm). castor sugar
- 6 oz (168 grm). flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) (level) baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 oz (28 grm). currants
- 1 tsp (5 ml). grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). milk
- Cream butter and sugar/
- Sift flour and baking powder, beat eggs.
- Add egg and flour alternately to creamed mixture; add milk to give a soft dropping of consistency.
- Mix in lemon rind and currants.
- Three-quarters fill greased queen cake or patty tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees (200 C.) (gas mark 5, 190c) in middle shelf.
- Editors note: It's difficult to get our program to convert accurately. The person who submitted the recipe suggest 190 degrees centigrade so I would go with that.