Water Chestnut Bacon Wrap
- Party snack
Serves/Makes:4 or more servings
- 1 can whole water chestnuts
- 1 lb (.5 kg). sliced bacon, cut in half
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soy sauce
- Marinate water chestnuts in soy sauce for one half hour.
- Drain and roll in sugar.
- Wrap each with 1/2 slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Put in pan and bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 20 minutes or until the bacon is done.
- Serve while still hot.
- If prepared ahead of time, refrigerate and then bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 5 to 10 minutes or put under broiler to heat through.
- A family favorite for 3 generations.