Baked Chicken in Mushroom Gravy
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can low-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon-style mustard
- 1 cup (225 ml) plain nonfat yogurt (may substitute nonfat sour cream)
- 1 cup (225 ml) skim milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried thyme
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked brown rice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Spray 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl mix soup, mustard, yogurt and milk until blended.
- Spread half the mixture on bottom of baking dish.
- Arrange chicken breasts on top of mixture, and spread remaining mixture on top of chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with mushrooms and thyme.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for approximately 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked (gravy will begin to brown). Remove chicken breasts and stir sauce.
- Place chicken breasts on 1/2 cup (125 ml) cooked brown rice; pour gravy over the top.
- Per serving: 348 Calories, 10 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 35 g Total Carbohydrate, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 329 mg Sodium, 27 g Protein, 18 mg Cholesterol
There are many wonderful recipe and information sites on the web for diabetics. This recipe comes from http://www.diabeticwatch.com
Also there are many support groups available to share with.