Cherry Lifesaver Jelloshots
- Christy Hawley
Serves/Makes:25 or more shots
- 2 3 oz (84 grm). packages cherry jello
- 2 cups (475 ml) boiling water
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) cherry brandy
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) banana liquour
- 1 cup (225 ml) sweet and sour mix
- 2 oz (56 grm). condiment cups with lids
- Boil water and add jello; stir and dissolve.
- Pour into bowl.
- When the water/jello mixture has cooled to warm (NOT hot), add the cherry brandy, banana liquor, and sweet & sour mix; stir well.
- Transfer into a pitcher to ease in pouring.
- Distribute evenly into 2 oz (56 grm). condiment cups and place lids on.
- Place into refrigerator and let set, about 4-8 hours.
- Our most popular shot! Tastes just like a cherry lifesaver.
- It is important to not add alcohol to water that is too hot, as it will cause most of the alcohol content to evaporate out of the shot. Allow to cool to 'lukewarm' temp. before adding the alcohol mixture. To speed up the chilling process, you can chill your liquor beforehand which will reduce the set time. Condiment cups with lids can be found at any restaurant supply store and some party supply stores, and are much better to use than dixie cups as they are smaller to ease in removal of the shot and also the lids prevent a big mess should they tip while in the refrigerator. Sugar free jello is NOT reccommended, as it will cause the jello to not set when you add the liquor. Also, we do not recommend spraying your cups with non-stick spray - the shots come out easily enough. Alcohol mixture can be altered to your tastes, just keep the total liquid amount (other than the boiling water amount)at 2 cups. View many more shots at www.hawleyzoo.com/jelloshots.html