- Great for special diets. Including diabetic
- MeMaw from Poppy
- 1 lb (.5 kg). veal, boneless
- 3 tsp (15 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) crushed red pepper flakes or to your own taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onions
- flour for dusting
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) green peppers
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mushrooms, fresh or canned, drained
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can tomatoes with juice, chopped (or use equivalent amount of fresh tomatoes)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- Cook sauce in sauce pan, add garlic, onion, crushed pepper and bay leaf to sauce and cook covered until onions are tender.
- Oil large frying pan and heat.
- Coat the veal with flour and cook on medium high for 1 - 2 min per side.
- Add cut up tomato and peppers and mushrooms to fry pan and bring to boil then reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce over veal and enjoy.
- Serves 4. 10 min prep time, 20 min. cook time.
Calories 27 Fat 1.0 g Cholestrol 0 mg. sodium 2 mg carbohydrate 5.5.g