- MeMaw from Sharon
- 1 lb (.5 kg). pork steak
- 1 cup (225 ml) celery
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onions
- 2 tsp (10 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Accent or MSG seasoning
- 2 beef boullion in 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cornstarch
- 1 3 oz (84 grm). can mushrooms save 1/4 cup (60 ml) liquid
- 1 can chow mein vegetables drained
- 3 cups (700 ml) bean sprouts drained
- 1 can water chestnuts drained
- 2 tsp (10 ml) molasses
- chow mein noodles
- Spray skillet with non stick spray.
- Cut pork in thin slices, and brown.
- Stir in celery, onion, soy sauce, Accent, and the 2 cups (475 ml) boullion.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Blend the cornstarch, in the 1/4 cup (60 ml) of mushroom juice, stir into mixture.
- Add mushrooms, veggies, sprouts, chestnuts, and molasses and stir til thick and boiling.
- Continue to boil and stir 1 minute.
- Serve over chow mein noodles.
- Vegetables, bean sprouts and water chestnuts come in one size can only.
2 hours prep time 30 minutes cook time
Cholesterol 0 mg
Carbs. 9.5 g