- This is a sugar cookie my mom used to make when I was a child. They are very easy and good with or without icing.
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening (scant)
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vinegar
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add beaten eggs and beat until creamy.
- Add milk, vanilla and vinegar until blended.
- Add baking soda and flour.
- Drop by tsp on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven until lightly browned. I think about 8 to 10 minutes.
- I hope this is like what you are looking for. They are not a really sweet cookie, which makes them good to ice. I think you could add a teaspoon of almond extract to this recipe without a problem. They are easy and yummy.