- MeMaw from Chris
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) cornmeal
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) flour
- 4 tsp (20 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (225 C.).
- Spray baking tin.
- In large bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix buttermilk, eggs, and oil; beat well.
- Pour buttermilk mixture into flour mix; stir til blended. Pour into tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Prep time 10 min., Cook time 15 min., ready in 25 min.
Cal. 179, chol. 37 mg., carb. 26.3 g. Haven't made these yet, but am tonight. Should be very good.