- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cream of tartar
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, softened
- 1 cup (225 ml) vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) powdered sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 ml) almond extract
- sugar for rolling (plain or colored)
- Preheat oven 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar, mixing well; set aside.
- With electric mixer, cream sugars, oil and butter.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until lightened in color.
- Stir in flour mixture just until mixed.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in sugar place on non-stick baking sheets about 2-inches apart and flatten with fork in criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in tightly sealed container.