Cheesy Macaroni Bake with Spam
- Trisha D.
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1 10-3/4 oz (301 grm). can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can tomatoes, cut up
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) dried thyme crushed
- dash pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). can of luncheon meat cut in 1 x 1/2 inch strips
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shredded American cheese
- In medium skillet melt butter; cook chopped onion till tender but not brown.
- Stir in soup, tomatoes, thyme and pepper.
- Add macaroni, luncheon meat, and green pepper.
- Turn into 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) casserole.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35-40 minutes or until hot.
- Hope this is the recipe you're looking for. Found it for you in my old 1970 Better Homes and Garden recipe book. :0)