- Jo-Tina Baldoni
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). to 2 lbs (.9 kg). fresh asparagus
- 1 lemon
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (225 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) buttermilk or milk
- 1 envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh basil
- 1 lemon, divided
- red pepper flakes (or any hot spice you favor)
- Snap the tough tips of the asparagus then squeeze the lemon over the asparagus.
- Salt and pepper and set aside to marinade.
- Mix together rest of ingredients to make dressing and chill.
- Grill the asparagus for about 10 minutes turning alot until tender.
- Remove from grill and pour the lemon juice over the asparagus, then just serve it with dressing.