Zucchini & Walnut Side Dish
- Prickly Pear
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 3 medium zucchini sliced about 1/4" thick
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) to 3/4 cup (175 ml) walnuts (as desired)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) nutmeg
- salt & pepper to taste
- Roast walnuts in butter in frying pan.
- Remove walnuts from pan and set aside.
- Wipe pan with paper towel.
- Add olive oil to pan and heat.
- Add zucchini slices, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Saute until tender.
- Add in roasted walnuts.
- This is just one of those too easy dishes that tastes special. Give it a try--you won't be disappointed.