- A no-bake cherry dessert
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced almonds
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). pkg. cream cheese
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). container sour cream
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Spenda (no substitute)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 can cherry pie filling with Splenda sweetener
- Place slice almonds in bottom of a 9" x 9" pyrex dish.
- Whip whipping cream until nearly stiff, add vanilla and 1/4 cup (60 ml) Splenda. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whip softened cream cheese with an electric blender until smooth. Mix in sour cream and 1/4 cup (60 ml) Splenda. Fold in reserved sweetened whipping cream.
- Gently spoon cream mixture over the slivered almonds.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or so.
- Spoon cherry pie filling (made with Splenda) on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate an hour or so or over night.
- To serve, cut into squares and squirt a bit of canned whipped topping (no carbs) on each serving.
- Sprinkle with additional shaved almonds.
- This dessert is one of my husbands favorites - carbs or not!