- Diane B.
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh lime juice
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) crushed red pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender container.
- Cover and whirl at high speed until well blended.
- A terrific Mexican-style salad combines butter or other leafy lettuce, watercress, julienned jicama, sliced green onions and radishes, avocado and green pepper (or any combination of the above). Toss with cumin salad dressing and add roasted pepitas right before serving for a little tasty crunch.
Thanks to Diane for sharing the Sunset Magazine recipe for cumin dressing.