- This is from a resturant in Houston
- 10 tbsp (150 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cloves
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- 1 29 oz (812 grm). can sweet potatoes drained and diced
- your favorite berries
- Preheat oven 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Butter 9x13 inch baking dish with 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter.
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter with flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Add buttermilk in slow stream while stirring and pour into baking dish.
- Top with sweet potatoes.
- Bake about 15 - 20 minutes. Cobbler will be moist.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Chill 1 hour before cutting into squares.
- Re-heat in microwave and garnish with berriess.
- 20 min prep time, 20 min cook time. Calories 262, Chol.26 mg, carb. 42.8 g.