Ultimate Turtle Cheesecake
- 2 cups (475 ml) Oreo chocolate cookie crumbs
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). bag Kraft caramels
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pecan pices
- 3 8 oz (224 grm). pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 1 oz (28 grm). squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Mix crumbs and butter.
- Press onto bottom and 2 inches upside of 9 inch springform pan.
- Place caramels and milk in small microwable bowl.
- Microwave on high 3 minutes or untill caramels are completly melted, stiring each minute.
- 1/2 Pour of the caramel mixture into crust.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Set other carmel mixture aside for later use.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs 1 at a time mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until center is almost set if using a silver springform pan.
- Run knife or metal spatula around pan to loosen cake.
- Cool before removing side of pan.
- Refrigorate 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with remaining caramel mixture and pecans just before serving.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over cheese cake.
- Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.