Baked Chicken with Mushrooms and Bacon
- Chicken with a great flavor of bacon. What better way to enjoy the both of two worlds?
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter melted
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves with skin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) seasoning salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder or to taste
- 2 thick slices bacon
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can sliced mushrooms drained
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy cream *
- *May use 1 tsp (5 ml) flour mixed with 2 tsp (10 ml) water instead
- Preheat oven 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Pour melted butter into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Add chicken, skin down, srinkle with salt and garlic.
- Turn chicken over, season and lay bacon on top.
- Sprinkle with mushrooms.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove chicken to platter and keep warm.
- Pour juices from dish into a small saucepan and whisk with cream over low heat til thick.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Serve with chicken flavor rice and a crisp salad.
- Prep time 15 min. Cook time 1 hour. Calories 812. Chol. 241 mg., carbs. 2.6 g.