- Alyssa; Google
- 4 Ore-Ida Golden Patties frozen potatoes
- 4 cups (950 ml) to 6 cups (1425 ml) vegetable oil (McDonald's uses soybean oil)
- Pre-heat your deep fryer to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Place 4 still frozen Ore-Ida hash brown patties in the fry basket.
- Lower the basket into the hot oil, and cook 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the hash brown patties, and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add a dash of salt immediately to each side, and allow to cool a few minutes before serving.
- The McDonald's "factory" has special equipment for machine tooling these hash brown patties. They are nearly impossible to duplicate at home.