Homemade Basil and Tomato Sauce
- Perfect for good Italian cooking
- 8 good size tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped basil fresh or dried soaked in a little water.
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic or 1 tsp (5 ml) powder, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil DO NOT SUBSTITUTE
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook tomatoes and basil over medium heat til tomatoes are soft.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil til onion is clear.
- Add to tomato mixture, add salt and pepper.
- Let simmer for 2 hours til thick.
- Had a resturant's version of this, and honestly, the worse mess I ever have eaten. Decided to post the "real stuff". Hope you enjoy.
Prep time 20 min. Cook time 2 hours. Calories 330, chol 0 mg, carb 37.8 g.