- Brown sugar candy
- Lottie's Favorite Cookbook
- 3 cups (700 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts
- Put the sugar and milk into a saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, to softball stage or 238 degrees (125 C.).
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter and vanilla and cool without stirring.
- When it is lukewarm, beat until creamy.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into buttered pan.
- When cooled completely cut into squares.
- I had been looking for the receipe for years. My aunts always made this candy at Christmas when I was a child.
I could never get it right until I finally found this in Lottie's Old Cookbook. I thought you might enjoy sharing this candy with your family.