- A simple, tastey, and healthy chili
- Betty Ann
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 2 cups (475 ml) sliced celery (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped green pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic salt
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). cans tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) chili powder, or to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- Brown meat and onion in Dutch oven or large frying pan; thoroughly drain all excess fat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer, covered, for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve hot.
- Tip: This dish freezes well.