- Very good but very easy to make!
Serves/Makes: 9 approx.
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). sugar
- 4 tsp (20 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening.
- Combine milk and egg.
- Add to flour mixture.
- Mix together till almost smooth.
- "Drop" dough by tbsp onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees (225 C.) until nicely brown on top.
- Tastes very good with cheese or butter.
You can add in shredded cheese to mix.