Corn, Tomato and Scallion Salad
- Diane B.
- 4 ears of fresh corn, shucked
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb (.5 kg). cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coarsely chopped scallion greens (green onions)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut corn kernels from ears, discarding cobs.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then saute corn with salt and pepper to taste, stirring, until tender about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute, stirring 1 minute.
- Add vinegar and cook, stirring, until most is evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook, gently stirring, 1 minute.
- Remove skilled from heat and stir in scallions.
- Transfer vegetables to a large plate to cool and season with salt and pepper.
- Salad can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
From Gourmet July 2000