- Not your average hot dog
- MeMaw from Laurie
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) ketchup
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) - 1/2 tsp (2 ml) tabasco sauce or more to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) pickle relish (your choice)I used Hotdog relish
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 buns
- Cook onions in oil until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except dogs and buns.
- Cut dogs lenghthwise careful not to cut through, and add to sauce.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve on warm buns with favorite toppings
- Prep time 5 min. Cook time 15 min. Cal.272, Chol.22 mg., carb.25.7 g. This is great for a hurry up side dish without the buns. Perfect main meal with buns. Fun for bar-b-ques. The uses are boundless. It's just great.