Chicken Breasts Domenique
- The Covered Bridge Cookbook
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) white pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) salad oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brandy
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced pitted black olives
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- toasted slivered almonds
- Split breasts to make four pieces and carefully remove skin and bones.
- Flatten slightly with edge of heavy plate or mallet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in pan and saute onions and the chicken breasts until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes per side.
- Add brandy.
- Cover and simmer about 20 minutes longer or until tender.
- Add olives and cream and cook 5 minutes more.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds.
- I found this in this great little cookbook that I found. They were giving some of the money to charity so I picked it up.... This recipe made getting the cookbook worth while for me.