Rosemary Buttermilk Muffins
- from the Palace Cafe in Santa Barbara, CA
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground fresh rosemary or 1 tsp (5 ml) dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) plus 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) plus 1 tbsp (15 ml) shortening
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) buttermilk
- melted butter
- Combine flour, rosemary, sugar, salt and baking powder; mix well.
- Cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly.
- Add buttermilk and mix just until ingredients are moistened.
- Scoop batter into 12 greased muffin tins and brush with melted butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- I finally found this and wanted to share it! It's a family favorite. Savory muffins to go with soups, stews or even thanksgiving dinner!