- susanm and Peggy
Serves/Makes:2 large jars
- 8 cups (1900 ml) sliced zucchini
- 2 cups (475 ml) sliced onions
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) white vinegar
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) celery seed (generous)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dry mustard (generous)
- Layer zucchini and onions in pot and sprinkle with salt.
- Let stand 1 hour.
- Meanwhile combine green pepper, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, and dry mustard in a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Pour over pickles.
- Bring to a boil again and cook until pickle slices are somewhat opaque.
- Put into jars and refrigerate.