Not Your Grandma's Fruitcake
- Boiled then baked
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 4 cups (950 ml) fruit cake mix
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon spice mix (see recipe on this site)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and line with foil.
- Combine fruit, water, sugar,and butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and boil gently for about 10 minutes.
- Add flour, baking soda, and spice mix in a large bowl.
- Pour in the boiled mix and stir til blended.
- Mix in eggs.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 90 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minuted.
- It's that time of the year again. Time for the GOOD STUFF!
Prep time:15 min. Cook time: 90 min.
If you need the ingredients for the spice mix they are listed as Cinnamon Spice Mix in the index of this site.