- Teresa Bush
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 can canollini beans, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 cups (475 ml) vegetable or chicken stock, more if desired
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ground turkey or beef
- Sweat onions and celery until translucient.
- Add garlic and tomatoes; cook for 10 minutes.
- Add drained beans and stock, cook for 10 minutes.
- Add fresh herbs.
- Note: Substitute your favorite beans and fresh herbs
- Add more liquid if ground turkey or beef is desirec.
- This recipe has been in my family for 3 generations and is still a hit.