Company's Comin' Meatloaf
- 1 1b. to 2 lbs (.9 kg). hamburger
- 2 slices ham
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bread crumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings:
- 1 11 oz (308 grm). can creamed soup
- onion soup mix
- shredded cheese
- tomato sauce (or ketchup)
- Spray 9x3 loaf pan.
- Mix burger, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and egg.
- Divide in half.
- Put half in pan, put ham on top.
- Add the cheese on top of ham, cover with remaining burger.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Now for garnishes:
- You can add the following during the last 20 - 30 minutes. One 11 oz (308 grm). can cream of whatever you prefer soup--I love mushroom.
- Just spoon soup over top, or onion soup mix, shredded cheese, or tomato sauce.
- Or just leave plain. The choice is yours.
- I make this quite often. In fact I'm having it tonight. It's a change from every day meat loaf. Makes your family feel a little extra special. You can change the topping every time you make it.