- Virginia Butler
- 8 slices white bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cupmilk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- sliced turkey breast
- sliced cooked ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- prepared mustard
- margarine for frying
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Cut crusts from bread.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Dip bread in mixture and drain.
- Arrange thin slices of turkey on 4 slices of bread.
- Cover with slice of ham.
- Top with swiss cheese, and lightly spread with mustard.
- Cover with remaining bread; press down well.
- Cut across diagonally.
- Heat margarine in skillet; fry sandwiches until brown and crisp, turning once.
- Serve with powdered sugar, if desired.
- This recipe came from Angela Creighton, and I found it delicious. Thanks Angela!