- Memaw from Sara
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter
- 2 bone-in chicken breasts with skin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) seasoning salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 thick slices bacon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy cream *
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Pour melted butter in 9x13 pan.
- Add chicken, skin side down; sprinkle with salt and garlic.
- Turn chicken over and repeat.
- Lay bacon on top and sprinkle on mushrooms.
- Bake for 45 - 60 minutes.
- Remove to a platter and use juices with cream or thickener to make gravy.
- Pour over chicken and serve.
- * If you don't want heavy cream, make a flour or cornstarch thickener.
Prep time:15 minutes, Cook time: 1 hour.