Jello Salad with Orange Slices
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1 can crushed pineapple, juice reserved
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). pkg. lemon Jello
- 2 6 oz (168 grm). pkg. cherry Jello
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). pkg. cream cheese
- 3/4 bag large marshmallows
- 10 walnuts, shelled and crushed
- 2 cans mandarin oranges
- 1 cup (225 ml) mayonnaise
- Drain pineapple and oranges.
- Add enough water to pineapple juice to make 2 cups (475 ml).
- Add lemon Jello.
- Heat to boiling, then dissolve marshmallows in lemon mixture.
- Cream the cream cheese and add whipped whipping cream and mayonnaise.
- Add pineapple, oranges and nuts.
- Pour into hot mixture.
- Stir and pour into 9x13 inch pan.
- Chill until firm.
- Prepare cherry Jello according to package directions.
- **Pour cherry Jello ever top of lemon and fruit mixture and chill until firm.
- **NOTE: Cherry Jello should be carefully poured onto a spoon held over the firm lemon, etc. mixture, so warm Jello does not make holes in bottom layer.