Betty Crocker Spritz Cookie
- From her picture cook book, 1955
Serves/Makes:6 dozen approx.
- 1 cup (225 ml) soft butter
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp (5 ml). flavoring (almond or vanilla)OR 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated almonds
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) sifted GOLD MEDAL flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Mix thoroughly butter, sugar, egg yolks and flavoring (or grated almonds).
- Work flour in with hands.
- Force the dough through cookie press onto ungreased cookie sheet in letter "S" shape, rosettes, fluted bars, or other desired shapes.
- Bake until set, but not brown, 7 to 10 minutes.
- For chocolate spritz, follow the recipe above except blend into the butter mixture 2 squares (2 oz.) unsweetened chocolate, melted.