Betty Crocker Spritz Cookie
- Delicate, crisp cookies with a rich, buttery flavor.
- Betty Crocker Website
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) almond extract or vanilla
- food color, if desired
- currants, raisins, candies, colored sugar, finely chopped nuts, candied fruit or fruit peel, if desired
- Heat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon.
- Stir in flour, salt, egg, almond extract and a few drops of food color.
- Place dough in cookie press.
- Form desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Decorate with currents if desired.
- Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until set but not brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- To decorate cookies after baking, use a drop of corn syrup to attach decorations to cookies.