Serves/Makes:10 or more
- 2 10 oz (280 grm). cans chunk chicken, drained and shredded
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). packages cold cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (225 ml) prepared ranch salad dressing
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) pepper sauce, such as Franks Red Hot
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). box chicken-flavored crackers
- Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.
- Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing.
- Cook, stirring until well blended and warm.
- Mix in half of the cubed cheese and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheeses over the top.
- Cover and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with celery sticks and crackers.
- You can use fresh chicken breasts for this if you prefer.
I love using my crockpot for this...just cover meat with water, add some salt & pepper and cook on low for 6-8 hours, drain, shred meat with 2 forks...very tender.