- Cake mixes become decadent!
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1 cake mix, (white, yellow, or chocolate best)
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). to 16 oz (448 grm). can of coconut milk
- 4 oz (112 grm). cream cheese
- coconut milk (remainder of above can to moisten)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 lb (.5 kg). confectioner's sugar
- fresh or toasted coconut
- Make cake mix according to directions, but omit the water. Use the coconut milk instead.
- Bake as you would for the size of pan you chose.
- To frost the cake, mix cream cheese, the remainder of the coconut milk to moisten, butter, and confectioner's sugar Whip or cream into a smooth frosting.
- Frost the cooled cake, and sprinkle with fresh or toasted coconut for a garnish.
- Hint: For a very light and delicious cake, use a boxed Angel Food Cake mix with one can of coconut milk and that is it. Bake as you would an angel food cake in a tube pan. Frost with whipped cream and garnish with coconut.