- 6 apples
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) red cinnamon candies
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1 3 oz (84 grm). pkg. cream cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml). lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) pitted dates, chopped
- 1 small can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). chopped walnuts
- Peel and core apples.
- Mix candies and water.
- Cook until candies are dissolved.
- Add apples.
- Simmer, uncovered until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Chill in syrup for several hours.
- Drain apples on rack.
- Blend cream cheese, milk, lemon juice, dates, pineapple and nuts.
- Place apples on top of salad greens.
- Stuff center of apples with cream cheese mixture.