- Martha Purdy
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 5 to 6 regular sized Mars Bars
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). margarine or butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) Rice Bubbles(Rice Krispies) or Coco Pops(for a real chocolate flavour)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). honey
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped almonds
- 1/2 slab cooking chocolate
- Soften the Mars Bars in a bowl in the microwave until just soft and easy to stir... do not melt to nothing!!
- Mix the margarine or butter into the soft and still hot Mars Bars mixture and combine well.
- Add the honey and combine well.
- Add in the Rice Bubbles or Coco Pops, folding them in carefully so you don't crush them in the mixture.
- Stir in the almonds.
- Pour the mixture into a square cake tin, ensuring that the thickness of the bars will be approximately 1 inch.
- Melt the cooking chocolate over slow heat or microwave and coat the Mars Bar mixture in the tin with a layer of it... the amount would depend on how much chocolate you like... I usually just pile a whole chunk on...
- Even out the edges and sprinkle more chopped almonds on to the cooking chocolate, pressing some into it.
- Chill till firm and cut into bars.