Yogurt Coated Oven-Fried Chicken
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut in parts
- 1 cup (225 ml) vanilla lowfat yogurt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). celery salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). paprika
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- Bread crumbs
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). margarine, melted
- In shallow dish, mix together yogurt, celery salt, paprika, pepper, lemon juice and Worcestershire.
- In another shallow dish, place crumbs.
- Dip chicken, one piece at a time, first in yogurt mixture, spreading thoroughly over chicken with spatula; then dip in crumbs, turning to coat.
- In large shallow baking pan, place chicken, in single layer.
- Pour margarine on chicken.
- Bake uncovered in 400 degree (200 C.) oven about 45 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- (I always skin my chicken.)