Amazing Lemony Soup with Crab and Vegetables
- The Thin Commandments Diet by Stephen Gullo Ph.D.
Serves/Makes:1 (2 1/4 c.)
- 1 14.5 oz (406 grm). can fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced mushrooms (use presliced)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 packed 1/2 cup (125 ml) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) lump crabmeat, picked over - 1/2 cup (125 ml) equals 2 oz (56 grm).
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, combine the broth and garlic.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and zucchini; reduce the heat to medium, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook just until wilted, about 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the crab, lemon zest, and juice.
- Discard the garlic.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep: 5 minutes -- Cook: 9 minutes
This soup is amazing because it's so easy, so delicious, and so low in calories. Cooked shredded chicken could be used instead of the crab.
Per serving: 140 calories, 1.5 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 19 g protein, 14 g carbohydrates, 5 g dietary fiber, 45 mg cholesterol, 890 mg sodium
The Thin Commandments Diet
The 10 No-Fail Strategies for Permanent Weight Loss
By Stephen Gullo, Ph.D.
Published by Rodale
January 2005; $24.95US/$35.95CAN; 978-1-57954-898-8