Serves/Makes:1 bundt cake
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) peeled, cored and shredded apple
- 1 cup (225 ml) canned pumpkin
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) each ground nutmeg, cloves, and ginger
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grated orange rind
- powdered sugar
- Cream butter, gradually beat in sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla, apple and pumpkin.
- Blend in dry ingredients (except powdered sugar), which have been mixed together, and orange rind.
- Turn into greased and floured 9 inch bunct pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 65-70 minutes, then turn out on rack to cool.
- When cool sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- This doesn't rise enough to make a tall bundt cake and actually looks very appealing left upside down with the rounded side seeming like a crust.